Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Second Guessing Ourselves

Does this sound like you?  What seemed like a good idea at the time is starting to feel like a mistake.  And the longer you think about it the bigger the mistake becomes.  It becomes so big, you are certain it is a deal breaker.


I believe that it is possible to over-think something until it actually becomes something else.  The reason I know this to be true is because it is a talent of mine.

Whether it is in an interview.  Whether it is at a school meeting.  Whether it concerns conversations we have had with our kids and friends, there are times that we over-obsess about the one thing we said that we regret.

I liken this to looking at ourselves in a mirror.  We tend to see the blemishes; we tend to see the one hair out of place, or the one hair on our face that shouldn’t be there.

However, those looking at us tend to see the smile, the kindness and hopefully the person we are.

As hard as this is for me personally, I am going to make every effort to be myself, not focus on the negative and not judge others when they also say something that perhaps they shouldn’t have.

Thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment