Thursday, October 24, 2013

Humor



I am a firm believer that a good sense of humor can get us through most of life’s challenges.  And yet, I find myself often getting uptight when I should laugh things off.

When I was pregnant with my son, I remember reading an article regarding how parents tend to lose their sense of humor when it comes to their children.

During a conversation with a good friend this morning, he said to me, “Everyone around me seems to be so serious lately.” 

It got me thinking about the ability to just laugh at a situation, ourselves and yes, others.  Is it our pride, are we too self-conscious, or do we feel it isn’t dignified to just get our “silly” going?


While watching a TV show the other day with a close friend, we both acknowledged that the characters were dealing with a situation that we had just both dealt with.  While we didn’t find the humor when the subject was us, we were both laughing at the sitcom and agreed that it was VERY funny, although close to home.

I have decided that I am going to take life a bit less seriously, find the humor where I can and laugh-out-loud when I do something goofy.  My friend is right; there is perhaps a bit too much “serious” going on when there doesn’t need to be.

Did you know that laughter burns more calories than running?  Just in case you needed another reason to giggle.


No comments:

Post a Comment