Saturday, October 12, 2013

Judge and Jury


After posting a blog called “When I Lose 5 Pounds”, I received a very nice email from a very close friend of mine.

She wrote: 

“I wish that more people could focus on and foster the good and fortunate in their lives…. and that leads me to all the people that are so judgmental…. I know that human nature is to judge, but don’t people realize that we judge ourselves enough? There isn’t enough room or time to consider their judgments of us.”

I think this is a subject worth repeating and repeating and repeating.  There is a new device that Google makes.  It allows a person to wear glasses so they can see their emails, maps, movies and anything else that for some reason we feel we need to see while walking outside and hanging with friends.

I guess we need this because we certainly don’t get enough time in front of an electronic device.  Ok, enough of my sarcasm.



Actually, what I would like to see is someone invent a mirror that we can wear so we can look at ourselves as we go through our day.  Maybe if we looked more closely at our own behavior and actions we might actually pay more attention to how we treat other people.  We might actually get a chance to observe the struggles that others go through and then perhaps we might learn to be more compassionate and understanding and LESS a judge and jury.

Wouldn’t that be a wonderful thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment