Monday, March 3, 2014

Your Gut



I received a nice compliment from a childhood friend.  Well, it was one of those ‘back-handed’ compliments.  One where something nice is said along with a disclaimer.  “You were great, but….”, Or in this case, “ I liked your video, but the question that remained unanswered is…”, “You go with your gut instinct, and then what happens if your gut is wrong?  What do you do then?”

I sent a quick response (a poor gut instinct), which was, “You check your gut radar.”

On my walk, I gave her response more thought.  In my video, I talk about listening to what other people say.  I address learning from others who have similar experiences.  But, and this is a BIG but, don’t allow the negative information to stop you from doing something you feel is right for you.

So, to address the question of your gut being wrong.

Most people learn more from their failures, not their successes.  Wisdom comes from what went wrong as well as what went right.

So, my good friend, I would simply say, “Learn from your mistakes, do what needs to be done to educate yourself, and perhaps, spend more time researching before making a decision.”

Going with your gut does NOT mean blindly going forward.  It simply means paying attention to your body and mind, and not simply giving up because of what others tell you.


Make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment