Monday, March 17, 2014

Good Intentions

We all have them.  Every morning I get up and have a small bowl of Yoplait Light Fat Free Yogurt and a small handful of mixed nuts.  My problem is that I end each evening with a large bowl of ice cream and an equally large handful of M & M’s.



If you are anything like me, you either write a list or keep a running one in your head of all the things you want to do, would like to do and NEED to do. 

And, if you are anything like me, you understand that somewhere between ‘good intentions’ and sticking to the plan is, ‘the reality of life’. 

Whether you justify not sticking with your plan (I’ll diet tomorrow), or you simply forget your plan (ooops, forgot I was dieting), or whether you stick your tongue out at your plan (there are many people heavier than me), somehow you find yourself NOT getting closer to your goals.

I believe we all could do a better job at understanding ourselves.  What helps us to stay on track?  What causes us to sabotage ourselves?  Wouldn’t it be nice if a manual existed to help us understand why people do what they do?

Let’s take that one step further:  wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could actually have a book or manual that is specific to you?  One where you not only understand why you stay stuck, why you aren’t getting ahead, and why you continue to repeat the past?  A book that gives exercises specific to you.  One that helps you go from  ‘good intentions’ to realizing your potential, and accomplishing your goals.  I think so!

Something to think about?



No comments:

Post a Comment