Thursday, February 6, 2014

An Open Mind



We’ve all heard the expression, “If you want God to have a good laugh, make a plan.”  Obviously, this addresses the many times we tend to choose a direction in life, just to find ourselves on a different path.  I wonder how many of us in our 30s and older have said, “My life is exactly what I thought it would be.”  I believe very few.

And yet, without some idea of what we want to do, what we want to become and what we want our lives to look like, most of us would be floundering.

I used to tell my son that it doesn’t matter where we start.  What matters is where we finish.  I have amended that to “What really matters is all the time in between.”

Are you finding yourself in a rut?  Are you predicable in your choices?  Have you become a creature of habit?

If you answered yes to the above, maybe you ought to give some thought to mixing it up.

When you make a plan and it doesn’t work out, instead of getting upset or frustrated, how about keeping an open mind and seeing this as simply a different direction.  How about seeing your life as an adventure, a book yet to be written or finished.



It is always good to have goals and aspirations.  It is also good to learn to go with the flow.  After all, you never know what new and exciting things are in store for you if you just keep an open mind.


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment