Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Game Called Life


In what my brother would refer to as the ninth inning of a person’s life, I will cop to only the 7th inning of mine.  I am still learning things about myself that honestly makes me smile.  Well, perhaps laugh is more appropriate.

I was led to believe that we become more set in our ways, as we get older.  I am finding the opposite to be true of myself.  I am less affected by change than I thought.  The small things that used to annoy the hell out of me have actually become small things.

This is very personal, as I understand not everyone flips this way.  I am becoming more patient (still a work in progress).  I am learning to be a better listener (although I am far from where I would like to be).  And, I am always striving to NOT take myself so serious (I do a fairly good job here).

When I look at the long haul of my life and not the day-to-day challenges I am pleased.  When I see where I started and how far I have come, I feel good.

Although we all go through life with our own script and each of our journeys is unique to us, we share many common threads.  For the most part, I believe we want to live a life of purpose.  We want to understand the world we life in.

I know for me this isn’t always simple or easy. I do know however, as long as I am in the game I will continue to check myself on a regular basis to see how I am doing in my awareness, growth and overall happiness factors.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment