Saturday, June 29, 2013

Rome Wasn't Built in a Day!


I have been thinking a lot about this very subject.  We are, after all, a society that enjoys instant everything.  Whether that is our puddings, potatoes, oatmeal or gratification, we want it now!

I have to admit, I am not the most patient person in the world.  I don’t like to stand in lines.  I get impatient at red lights, and I don’t find any pleasure in waiting in a doctor’s office for my appointments.

And yet, I do feel my life has not been one brick at a time, but in fact one pebble at a time.  And this, I am okay with.
I used to listen to famous people as they got older talk about how they wouldn’t change all the knowledge and wisdom they have accumulated over the years to be young again. 

I would listen and say,” Yeah, sure, what are they talking about.”   I knew young is the best.  Now that I have reached that age myself,  I finally get it.  I am not saying I wouldn’t want some of the energy back.  And it would be nice if some of my body parts were back in their original place. But, I do have to admit -  I love where I am in my life.

Perhaps I feel closer to the saying, “No wine before its time.”  Or, “Aged to perfection.”

No matter where you are in your journey, learn, appreciate and enjoy.  Because one day you will look back and you will wonder if you made the most of that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment