Friday, June 28, 2013

Failure Is NOT an Option!


While texting a very good friend of mine the other day I happened to mention that I had been trying to master a task.  Actually what I said was,” I have failed to figure it out, however I am still trying.”  He wrote me and said, “If you are still trying, you haven’t failed.”

Not only did what he say make me feel better, but I had to admit, he is right.

Whether we are learning new skills, learning to be more patient, or learning about ourselves, there is no failing as long as we continue the path.

I believe most of the people who are successful do not consider failure as an option.  They might alter their course a bit.  They might even abandon the plan or project.  What they don’t do is call it a failure.  They call it a learning curve or a lesson.  They take what they can from the experience and apply it to whatever they do next.

If someone were to ask you what your feelings are regarding trying and not accomplishing something, what would you say? 

Are you the type of person who would look at the lesson and learn from your mistakes or mishaps, and if not, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment