Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ground Hog Day


I am reading a fascinating book about living life over and over again until it is done right.

It is IRONIK to me that I am talking about this subject, since I was born on Ground Hog Day and the movie covers the same subject.

The book has me thinking about how many people I hear say things like “If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t have done it.”  This is usually followed with, “But then I wouldn’t have my kids.”  Or, “If I knew then what I know now”, again with a disclaimer of, “Then I wouldn’t be with you.”

I have heard very successful people say they were glad they made mistakes because that was when they learned the most.

I have also heard people say that even though their lives would be different now, they would not have made the same decisions when they were younger.

I have always felt that to regret what you can’t change seems futile.   I have always believed that we should accept what we can’t change.  And, I am a firm believer in finding the lessons and moving on.

Having said that, yes there are things I would do differently.  Yes, there are decisions and choices I made that were not in my best interest.  But, in reality because of or despite the road and options I have taken, I am who I am.  And that is okay with me.

1 comment:

  1. Great- I like who you are! I also like that I'm doing the Blog thing as I've not done it before. I always thought I was too busy to Blog but its kinda fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete