Monday, August 12, 2013

The Simple Things

There have been many studies on what makes people happy.  Is it money?  Is it love?  Is it security?  Is it faith?  Or, is it something that comes from inside of us?

I personally know people who are happy even though they have more than their share of problems.  I personally know people who can’t seem to be happy even though it appears as if they live without many challenges.


I understand that one person’s opinion of challenges, problems and a carefree life is different.  I also understand that we all bring our childhood, family issues and personalities into the equation.

And yet, it seems to me that happiness is a state of mind.  As in, “if you think you are happy, you are.” And, “if you think you are unhappy, you are.”

I make a choice pretty much every day to find something to be happy about.  I do this because I know there are many who have it worse than I do.  I feel blessed for what I have.  I don’t concentrate on those who have more.

Lying in a hammock makes me happy.  Not a lounge chair, not the grass, but a hammock.  So, today as I search the Internet for a hammock, I feel happy.  Sometimes it is the simplest of things. 


What makes you happy?



No comments:

Post a Comment