Wednesday, February 27, 2013

In The Moment


When we are young, we think and daydream about being older.  When we are older, we think and daydream about being younger.

Older people tend to say, “I’m not getting any younger.”  Actually, they don’t have a lock on this.  None of us are.

With all the time spent thinking of fonder days, and imaging better ones to come, when are we actually living in the moment?

I am not sure most of us do.  We rush through the days to get to the weekend.  We rush though the months to get to the holidays.  And we rush through the years to realize our goals.

No wonder time seems to go so quickly.  And, what might I ask are we in such a hurry for?

I for one am going to try and make a concerted effort each day to pause and be aware of what I am doing and to enjoy the moment as there will never be one just like it.

1 comment:

  1. All the time I say, we are wishing our lives away. This is a good reminder to live in the moment Roni. I am going to find something to make today special. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete