Monday, December 31, 2012

With an End, There is Always a Beginning


.

The accepted definition of insanity is, ‘doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.’  I would venture to say that if this were really true, we would all fall under the ‘insanity’ definition at some point in our lives.

I consider myself relatively rational, pretty much grounded, fairly pragmatic, understanding, and for the most part accepting of other peoples points of views and visions.

To my friends who are now screaming, “ARE YOU KIDDING”? I did use words like ‘relatively’, ‘fairly’, and, ‘for the most part’.

So, with this in mind, I do have to wonder why year-after-year and decade-after-decade I hear the same promises, and New Year’s resolutions from the people in my life.  To say, I am not guilty of this myself wouldn’t be entirely truthful.

I haven’t always known what is good for me, but I have pretty much always known what isn’t.  I haven’t always known what works for me, but I have pretty much always known what doesn’t.

So, my thoughts at this moment as I look at the end of yet another year, and the beginning of a new one are:

1.    What changes will I make?
2.    What will I continue to put up with? 
3.    And what will 2013 bring to me my family and my friends.

I wish everyone a safe, sane, and wonder filled New Year!  May your hopes stay high and your dreams be realized.  If you want kindness, be kind.  If you want understanding, be understanding.  And, if you want to achieve your goals, don’t let anything or anybody get in your way of doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment