Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fuel

If someone were to ask you whether you tend to fan the flames or calm the fire, what would you say? I am referring to arguments, discussions, or a difference of opinion.


 


fanning-flames


Some people are great at defusing potential fights. Others are great at taking something relatively small and helping or causing it to become WWIII.


When you think about your interpersonal relationships, would the people in your life say, “YOU stir things up”? Or would they say, “YOU help calm the situation”?


Your tone of voice. Your physical stance. Your attitude says something about you. Do you talk behind a person’s back? Do you create an atmosphere of hostility? Or are you the one who tries to be a calming presence to those around you?


How well do you know yourself? How would you like others to see you?


I have recently been an unwilling participant in a situation that went from bad to worse. When I reflect on the scenario, I can now see how it was handled, but more importantly, how it could have been handled.


We can all do a better job of taking responsibility for our part when it comes to the work environment, our social encounters, and our personal relationships.


For me, I would like to be viewed as someone who elevates a situation, not someone who fans the flames and causes chaos and ill-will.


two kids handshake


 


Think about how you are seen, but more important think about how you would like to be seen.


For more inspirational thoughts and videos, please sign up at my website www.ronikugler.com. If you find value in my articles, please share them with your friends and family. I welcome all comments.



Fuel

No comments:

Post a Comment