Saturday, April 11, 2015

How Do I Believe in Myself?

I grew up in an era where we believed what teachers told us, we were taught to never question a police officer and if a man of the cloth preached a sermon it was indeed the truth.


Authority


We are decades away from my upbringing. Young and old have joined together to become a generation of people who question authority. To take it one step further, we have become a cynical society when it comes to those who are in charge.


So, why is it that when it comes to our own friends, partners and neighbors, we take what they have to say about us to heart? Why are we not rejecting or at the very least questioning their truth over our own?


I suppose one reason can be that we all want to be accepted and liked. Most of us come into relationships with own insecurities and fears.   Because of this, people who seem stronger, wiser and more confident can cause us to question our own good judgment.


I have learned over the past several years that my instincts are good. I have learned also that am capable of identifying red flags and knowing what is right and wrong for me. I have also learned that I am adept at trashing my logic and what I believe is in my own best interest, to go ahead anyway and make wrong decisions.


Why, you ask? I would have to say it is because I am human. I believe that most of us want to believe what we are told. Most of us want to believe that people have good intentions. And, like me, so many of us gather all the facts, think through the situation and then with eyes wide open, we often make incorrect decisions.


I am pretty sure that the universe intends for us to have these experiences and then learn from them. Whether it is a kid on a bicycle who falls, a business that fails or a marriage that ends in divorce, life presents many opportunities. Are you someone who is capable of learning what life has to teach us?


I saw a sign the other day that said, “The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings.” This is now my new motto.


So, my advice to you is; don’t be afraid to dust yourself off, believe in yourself and start over. Give it some thought!


NEVERGIVEUP


For more inspirational thoughts and videos, please sign up at my website www.ronikugler.com. If you find value in my articles, please share them with your friends and family. I welcome all comments.


 



How Do I Believe in Myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment